If you haven’t ever had homemade strawberry ice cream you should probably go hide in a corner for a few hours…just kidding. But you need to find some or make some ASAP, because no matter what kind of day you’re having, strawberry ice cream will always make you feel better.
I went to a strawberry farm this afternoon and decided to make the first churn of ice cream for the spring/summer. And it is MARVELOUS.
My family’s super easy homemade strawberry ice cream recipe:
1 can of evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups of strawberries (shouldn’t be optional, but it is if you want something other than strawberry ice cream)
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
Almost 1/2 gallon of milk (until you reach the “full” line in the churn)
1. Put 2 cups of strawberries (with the caps cut off) into a blender. Add evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla. Blend the mixture on the lowest setting enough to blend them into a pulp.
2. Pour the mixture into the churn. Add 1/2 gallon of milk or until it reaches the full line.
3. Put churn into ice cream maker. Keep in ice cream maker until it stops churning. It should take about 20 minutes unless it’s hot outside, then it might take longer.
I think the purpose of Pinterest is to make girls and women inspired to workout, and then pig out when they get home…because that’s what it makes me do. All of the recipes are so delicious! I don’t think I’ll ever have to open a recipe book again. What are some of your favorite Pinterest recipes?
Chicken, Spinach & Goat Cheese Quesadilla with Avocado Sour Cream
Strawberry Margarita Popsicles
For those of you who have a major sweet tooth, you might understand my excitement when I found a cake ball/pop mix set at Target for $6. It seems like they’re everywhere on Pinterest, and after I saw these photos of some DIY cake balls, I decided I needed to make them.
But let me tell you…cake balls are difficult. If you have your heart set on making them look perfect and presentable instead of just delicious, maybe you should try a different recipe or a different dessert.
This is what I had hoped mine would look like:
And this is how they actually looked:
Obviously I’m great with the icing…Have any of y’all had better luck with this? I tried a kit from Target, but the icing in general didn’t work too well for me. If y’all try to do it, I’d suggest following these instructions- they seemed to work well for Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere.
Mint chocolate chip ice cream get in my belly NOW. And I would also like that red on my nails!
This makes me wish it were summer and I’m sitting on my front porch with some ice cream and a good book.
This breakfast/dessert is my great-grandmother’s recipe. It’s simple and melt in your mouth good. It makes 8 muffins.
1 cup self-rising flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoon corn oil (canola works too)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease muffin pan
- Beat flour, brown sugar, egg, milk, and corn/canola oil together in a bowl with an electric blender until smooth
- Add blueberries and vanilla
- Spoon into cups about 2/3 full
- Bake about 25 minutes, and enjoy!